Friday 2 November 2012

Christina Hopkinson thoughts

I am drawn to Christina Hopkinson's artwork mainly because of the colour and exciting energy in her paintings. She has used watercolour and watercolour pencil to produce these paintings, however I feel the paintings are strong and rich in colour in contrast to the usual light watercolour paintings which makes her work very unique. The thing that I find most fascinating about her work is the way that she has composed her painting, she has the masks positioned in different angles placed on a black background which is similar to the Masquerade Ball Posters I have researched and I feel you can get a vibe of this in her paintings. I also love how the masks almost look as if someone is staring at you even though they are faceless masks which aren't being worn, as it makes me intrigued by the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment